Monday, March 5, 2007

Yes, we have a mobile client for erp and crm

Hi. This is my first posting to my first blog. About time you might think. I agree.

I just come back from a business trip to Seattle, WA. I represented my company HansaWorld, on a special event hosted by Symbian for Cingular descision makers. They were looking for new apps for mobile phones, and our HansaWorld ERP and CRM solution runs online on Smartphones with Microsoft Mobile 5 and Nokia Smartphones on the S60 and S80 platforms.

After showing our solution live to one of their high ranked execs, he flat out told us: "thats the best mobile solution I have ever seen. Just what companies need and want."

We (my collegue Ludvig, a systems architect in HansaWorld, and my motivator to start blogging), thought this would be an easy match. We are looking for some strong parters in the US. Until his next frase was this: "We have worked with both S.., O.... and M........ (famous ERP vendors) the last year to try to get their solutions on mobile devices, but they have nothing." (he actually used another word for this, but I don´t think I will put that in my first posting).

Of course they have a name and loads of customers, is what he meant. And we have THE solution, but not a brand name in the US so far. "Come back to us when you have this, and we might be intetrested", he stated. Don´t misunerstand me: I was happy with his true and sincere black and white opinions.

After the event, Ludvig and I was thrilled of the opportunity, and even more happy about our one-of-a-kind-solution. As we speak we are getting more users among our 68.000 sites worldwide using our online mobile client for multiuser calendar, mail, collaborative mail, shared contacts, in addition to the whole solution making it possible to view customer history on the fly, create quotations and sales orders in front of the customer, and even report on stock levels, employee profitability or just a plain and simple Profit & loss report when you need it.

I just had to call Robert Scoble. Beeing in Seattle and all, but when he answered the phone thursday evening, he told me he had moved and was in Salt Lake for the moment. So if you read this, Robert you know who I am.

No comments: